COVID-19 Testing for All Individuals
- Free testing is offered at all our health departments. Click here for locations.
- Free rapid self-tests for COVID-19 are available at your local health department.
- Click here to find a commercial testing site in your area.
- PCR testing at TestAndGo kiosks, (open 24-7) in Lamar and Henry counties Pre-registration link
Treatment and Medications
COVID-19 medications are now available through your doctor and local pharmacies. If you have COVID-19 symptoms, do not wait to get treated. Learn more about treatments and medications.
Our health departments offer the updated COVID-19 vaccine for the 2023-24 fall/winter season. However, due to limited supplies nationwide, the health departments may run out periodically before receiving new shipments. To find out what vaccine brand is offered in your age group in your county, visit district4health.org/make-an-appointment.
The CDC recommends the updated COVID-19 vaccine for everyone, ages 6 months and older. Under the new guidelines:
- Everyone aged 5 years and older should get 1 dose of the updated Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna COVID-19 vaccine to protect against serious illness from COVID-19.
- People who are moderately or severely immunocompromised may get additional doses of updated COVID-19 vaccine.
- Children aged 6 months–4 years need multiple doses of COVID-19 vaccines to be up to date, including at least 1 dose of updated COVID-19 vaccine. Please consult with your county health department or medical provider for more information on your child’s COVID-19 vaccine schedule.
The CDC continues to monitor COVID-19 disease levels and vaccine effectiveness and will update its recommendations as needed.
COVID-19 Vaccination Clinics
- Vaccinations through District 4: Make an Appointment
Though appointments are preferred, our health departments also accept walk-ins for COVID-19 vaccines only.
- Vaccinations through CORE: LaGrangeDistrict.CORE
- Homebound Vaccinations: Georgia residents who are currently homebound due to an ongoing physical or mental disability and are unable to travel to a COVID-19 vaccination site can request to receive vaccination at their home. Please email HVS@dph.ga.gov with the following information for the person who requires at home vaccination:Name
Date of birth
Contact phone number
The contact phone number will be used to obtain additional information and schedule the vaccination.If you need assistance, call:
District 4 Public Health Appointment Line – (800) 847-4262
Vaccine Facts Sheets