Tourist accommodations include hotels, motels, campgrounds, and bed and breakfasts. District 4 aims to minimize illness and injuries associated with unsanitary or hazardous conditions at these establishments. Our Environmental Health Offices are responsible for regulating tourist accommodations by administering permits, performing routine inspections, and investigating complaints.
Tourist Accommodations Inspection Scores
Tourist Accommodations Permits
To acquire a permit for a tourist accommodation, please submit the following to your county’s Environmental Health Office via mail:
- A completed Application for Tourist Accommodation
- A local contact, including name and phone number
- One set of plans including a minimum of a site plan, floor plan, elevation view, cross section and detail drawings. More information may be needed at the time of the plan review.
- Applicable fees (call your county office for details)
- A completed Verification of Residency for Public Benefits Application
A tourist accommodation permit allows you to serve a basic continental breakfast, any additional items will require a Food Service Permit in adherence to the State of Georgia Rules and Regulations for Food Service Chapter 511-6-1. Click here for further information on Food Service.