District 4 Public Health (D4PH) continuously seeks quality, caring individuals who want to make a difference in their community. Our professional staff is dedicated to our mission to ‘Improve, maintain, and protect the health of our communities’.
Careers at D4PH
D4PH serves twelve west Georgia counties: Butts, Carroll, Coweta, Fayette, Heard, Henry, Lamar, Meriwether, Pike, Spalding, Troup, and Upson. We have a diverse workforce and provide opportunities to work in various public health fields.
• Administrative Support: perform various administrative, business, and operational tasks to ensure each program functions efficiently.
• Environmental Health Specialist: responsible for monitoring and addressing physical, chemical and biological factors that have a direct impact on health; implementing policies and programs to reduce environmental hazards to protect the public’s health and provide communities with healthier environments.
• Epidemiologist: responsible for the surveillance and timely reporting of infectious diseases, outbreaks, and any other emerging public health threat; ensuring individuals with positive cases receive appropriate health care follow-up; and educating providers and the public.
• Nursing: D4PH hires licensed LPN’s, RN’s and Nurse Practitioners that offer a variety of services to adults and children to improve, maintain, and protect the health of our communities. Some of the services D4PH nurses provide include immunizations, tuberculosis prevention, family planning, sexually transmitted infection testing and treatment, HIV prevention, child well checks, healthy lifestyle counseling, and a variety of other services.
• Nutritionist: provide nutrition education through the Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) Program to promote healthy development in infants and children, as well as for preventing chronic health problems in adults. WIC Nutritionist provide education to clients to cultivate healthier eating habits. D4PH encourages employees’ servings as nutritionists to become Registered Dietitians and/or Licensed Dietitians.
• Program Specific Staff: possess specialized skills required to oversee and/or support various programs to ensure program deliverables are achieved.
All D4PH career opportunities are posted to the below external links. Follow the instructions provided on these links to apply!
• GA DPH Careers: The Georgia Department of Public Health Career webpage is a repository for all Georgia Public Health job postings throughout the state. To search for specific D4PH jobs, search ‘LaGrange’ or any of the twelve (12) county names in which D4PH serves.
• Team GA Careers: The Team Georgia Careers webpage is a repository for all State of Georgia job postings.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a generous benefits package for full-time equivalent positions that includes training opportunities, employee retirement plan, 13 paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, dental, vision, long term care and life insurance. As state employees, we also enjoy discounts to local attractions, sports games, wireless and mobile phone services, travel and amusement parks.
The Georgia Department of Public Health Commissioner and our leaders encourage all employees to engage in regular wellness activities and to make lifestyle choices that promote health and well-being. The use of wellness breaks during the workday is authorized to support this philosophy and assist employees in meeting their wellness goals. A maximum of 30 minutes in a given workday may be used to engage in wellness activities, generally in the form of two 15-minute breaks or one 30-minute break!
Click here to learn more about health and flexible benefits for eligible state of Georgia employees.
Creating a World-Class Workforce
The Georgia Statewide Core and Leadership Competencies are a framework to help employees and managers develop and maintain a competent workforce. The competencies are geared towards achieving established goals and improving staff performance.
All employees are required to perform in the following Statewide Core Competency areas:
- Customer Service
- Judgement and Decision Making
- Results Orientation
- Teamwork and Cooperation
Please click here for more information on core competencies for public health professionals.
*District 4 Public Health is an equal opportunity employer.