Help When Help is Most Needed
The Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) Supplemental Nutrition Program is a federally-funded health and nutrition program for:
*Infants and Children age 1 to 5 years (including foster children)
*Breastfeeding Mothers (up to 1 year)
*Postpartum Women (up to 6 months)
In accordance with Federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, WIC is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability.
What to expect at your WIC visit:
- You will fill out a WIC questionnaire.
- A nutritionist or nurse will weigh, measure and do a simple blood test.
- You will talk with WIC nutrition staff about food, eating habits and your family’s health.
- You will find out if you or your children can participate in WIC.
Once you are a WIC participant:
- You receive an ID card.
- You receive vouchers for food and learn how to cash them at the grocery store.
- You will be scheduled for an appointment to return to the WIC Clinic.
- You can learn more about nurtrition and health.
- You or your children will need to be certified again about every six months to see if you are still eligible.
To make an appointment call our appointment line: 706-298-6080 or 866-636-7942 or make an appointment here.
Follow us on social media at the links below!