Staff work to minimize illnesses and injuries associated with unsanitary or hazardous conditions in Georgia’s tourist accommodations by:
- Conducting complaint investigations on unsanitary conditions reported by tourists and travelers.
- Providing education and training for environmental health specialists, consumers and industry professionals on the rules and regulations.
- Performing mandated inspections of all regulated tourist accommodations.
If you experience unsanitary conditions at one of our hotels/motels we encourage you to call the local Environmental Health Office and let us know so that we can follow up with an inspection.
- Tourist Accommodation Rules and Regulations (511-6-2).
- Bedbug Resources
- Tourist Accommodations Plan Review and Applications
Official Georgia Code